1. Definitions and Interpretation
1.1. “Livewire” means Livewire Engineering and Consulting (Pty) Ltd.
1.2. “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 of the Republic of South Africa.
1.3. “Processing” means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of personal information as more fully defined in the Protection of Personal Information Soth African Act 4 of 2013 of the Republic of South Africa.
1.4. “You” or the “user” means any person who accesses and browses this website / mobile application for any purpose.
1.5. “Website” means the website of Livewire at URL www.livewire.co.za, www.liveview.co.za or www.livebill.co.za or such other URL as Livewire may choose from time to time.
1.6. “Mobile applications” means the Smartwire application as available from the Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Status and Amendments
3. Processing of Personal Information
3.1. By providing your personal information to Livewire you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by Livewire.
3.2. Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via the website (e.g. through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
- 3.2.1. Livewire will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- 3.2.2. Livewire will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
- 3.2.3. Personal information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or Livewire is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
- 3.2.4. Livewire will keep records of all personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
- 3.2.5. Livewire will not disclose any personal information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained or Livewire is required to do so by law.
- 3.2.6. If personal information is released with your consent Livewire will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
3.3. Note that, as permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 of the Republic of South Africa, Livewire may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
4. Collection of anonymous data
4.1. Livewire may use standard technology to collect information about the use of the website / mobile application. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows Livewire to collect statistics.
4.2. Livewire may utilise session cookies or local storage to keep track of users' browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive in order to keep a record of your interaction with a website and facilitate user convenience. Local storage is a similar file stored on a mobile device to keep record of your interaction with a mobile application.
- Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide Livewire with feedback on the performance of the website.
- 4.2.2. The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies or use the mobile application:
- 22.214.171.124. The browser software used;
- 126.96.36.199. IP address;
- 188.8.131.52. Date and time of activities while visiting the website;
- 184.108.40.206. URLs of internal pages visited; and
- 220.127.116.11. Referrers.
- 4.2.3. For the mobile application access is also granted to the device’s camera and picture gallery.
4.3. If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with the website it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on the website may not be available.
5.1. Livewire takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by the website and mobile application, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party.
6. Links to other websites
Your use of this website e-commerce and/or online payment facilities as well as any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
Unauthorised, unlawful or fraudulent use of this website e-commerce and/or online payment facilities may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence liable for prosecution.
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities via a variety of payment options. However, payments made on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which Livewire shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
When paying by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorise and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received and the needed authorisation is obtained. If we do not receive authorisation your payment will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorised to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the website.
Once you have selected your payment method (save for cash on delivery or direct bank deposit), you will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable amount.
The e-commerce and/or online payment facilities available on this website is subject to change without notice.
This web site is run by Livewire Engineering and Consulting (Pty) Ltd based in South Africa with registration number 2006/006481/07
- BJM House, Vineyard Office Estate
- 99 Jip de Jager Drive
- Western Cape
- South Africa